Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Monster Cookie Recipe as requested. : )

Here is the recipe for the cookies I baked Gabe last night. They turned out really well. I only made 1/2 the recipe for my first attempt ( 1 cup= 1/2 cup). The next time I will try the whole amounts.

From: Breaking the Vicious Cycle

Monster Cookies

5 cups nut flour
1 cup raisins (didn't use these)
1 cup walnut pieces (didn't use these)
1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut (used coconut flour instead)
1/2 cup melted butter (used Spectrum Shortening instead)
1 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt (used iodized sea salt instead)

1. Mix all ingredients
2. Drop by large tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheet.
3. Press flat with a buttered fork (so the dough won't stick to the fork).
4. Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown (15-20 minutes).

They baked faster than 15 minutes for me, fyi (we like our cookies soft and chewy though). I also added an extra egg and extra honey in the batter and on top after they came out of the oven as a glaze. I think the only changes I will make next time will be to add vanilla, cinnamon, and maybe nutmeg to the batter for some flavor. You could also add some berries or pecans in the batter for more flavor as well! I'm really picky about my cookies, but these really are amazingly great. Soft and chewy, and they don't have an over-powering nutty flavor either. ENJOY!   : )


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious, I will definitely give it a try.

    Warm regards,
    Leslie
    http://outrunning-autism.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete